Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28441 Discussions

Activation failure for Intel Parallel Studio Cluster Edition

Ismet_K_
Beginner

Hello there,

I have got a problem in the installation process of parallel studio. The client pops an error saying that my serial number is invalid. However, in my "Intel Products" page, the serial number that I have been given seems to be active. By the way, the serial number is an educational one and it was working before I format my computer.

The things that I've already tried are: Downloading the license file and browsing it in the client, did not work, same error. I have tried to install older versions since I took my educational serial number about 1 year ago, did not work also.

I do not know what to do, it seems I am running out of options.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Licensing questions need to be asked at https://supporttickets.intel.com/?lang=en-US

The one thing that comes to mind is if you are installing a version so old that it doesn't recognize the current license. You didn't say which version you installed.

0 Kudos
Ismet_K_
Beginner

The versions that I have tried are: 2018 Update 3, 2018 Update 1, 2018 initial release, 2017 Update 7.

My first download -which was working before format- was 2018 initial release probably.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

If you downloaded the license file, that ought to work, unless you have exceeded the number of activations per computer. You'll need to contact Intel Support for this.

0 Kudos
Ismet_K_
Beginner

I have tried to install the probram with the license file but that did not work also.

I will try to connect intel support, thank you for your contributons.

0 Kudos
francis__lj
Beginner

same thing is happening to me with my the update 3 for 2018 edition.  Did you know whats the solution?

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

See reply #2 above.

0 Kudos