Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Applying CVF 6.6C Update to CVF 6.0

durisinm
Novice
I support an application that I've recently updated and rebuilt with CVF 6.6C. The application writes Fortran code, compiles and links it, and then launches the executable. In order to run this application users must have their own copies of CVF installed on their computers to compile and link the Fortran code.
Some users haven't kept their versions of CVF up to date; they're still using CVF 6.0. When they tried to run the updated application they experienced errors. One they told me about states, "The procedure entry point for_write_dr_i8 could not be located in the dynamic link library DFORMD.DLL."
Because money in our company is really tight, these users tried running the 6.6C update on their copies of CVF 6.0. They say that their errors have gone away, but they're asking me if the program is producing correct results.
My advice to upgrade to CVF 6.6 is falling on deaf ears until the users get some kind of answer. Does anyone know what happens when you run the 6.6C update on a version of CVF that's less than 6.6?
Mike D
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
The 6.6C update won't install on versions other than 6.6, but there's another solution. Have the users in question go to http://compaq.com/fortran/visual/redist.html , download and install the kit there. This installes the 6.6B DLLs which contain the new entry point. There's no 6.6C version of this, and it isn't needed.
0 Kudos
durisinm
Novice

Upon closer questioning of the users I found that they didn't run the CVF 6.6C update as I first thought and as Steve said wasn't possible. Steve's advice to install the 6.6B DLLs did the trick. Thank you.

Mike D.

0 Kudos
hbell1
Beginner

I realize that Compaq Visual Fortran is no longer supported. But I seem to have lost my upgrade CD. What do we do now that the website http://compaq.com/fortran/visual/redist.htmlis no longer operable?

Harry Bell

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

If you're looking for the upgrade, that web page would not have helped anyway. The redistributable installer is still available from HP's web site.

For the upgrade, I don't know of a source for it anymore. HP will not provide it to you.

0 Kudos
Jugoslav_Dujic
Valued Contributor II
The main page for CVF downloads is easily, um, found here. I think that HP now also requires free registration in order to do the downlad.
0 Kudos