Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28759 Discussions

Automatically date-stamp source code in the IDE

TommyCee
Beginner
Once upon a time (and it was a few years ago), w/ CVF, I believe that the IDE was somehow configured (perhaps an Options setting) to date-stamp my source code on save/exit. In looking over some of my old source code, I notice the top line is (for example):

! Last change: TC 22 Dec 2004

I don't believe I typed this in; it was inserted there automatically. I've decided I like that feature and would like to reinstate it.

Is anyone familiar w/ this "feature" and does anyone know how to implement it in the IDE?
Or am I just imagining this?

Of course, I researched on-line help and my refs - including the "FM" - and did not see any pointers.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
IanH
Honored Contributor III
Many source code versioning systems offer this on file check-in, but it is news to me that this was ever offered in the run-of-the-mill Visual Studio editions. Perhaps it was an enterprise edition feature, or you were using a date-stamp-and-save macro for your environment?
0 Kudos
DavidWhite
Valued Contributor II
I think this is a feature of ED for Windows which was possibly supplied with Lahey Fortran at one stage.

David
0 Kudos
TommyCee
Beginner
I appreciate all the interesting theories. I'm now pretty sure it was not produced by the CVF IDE. I then suspected my handy-dandy text editor (UltraEdit) where I may have tweeked external to the IDE but that, too, is unlkely. I'm afraid this shall remain a mystery.
0 Kudos