Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Build failed

仁义_许_
Beginner

ifort19

xcode10

mac10.14

I have chose ifort19 in build rules   but still

:-1: no rule to process file '/Users/shrine-Mac/Desktop/Test5/Test5/12.f90' of type 'sourcecode.fortran.f90' for architecture 'x86_64' (in target 'Test5')

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Juergen_R_R
Valued Contributor I

Looking at this page: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/performance-tools-for-software-developers-compatibility-of-intel-compiler-for-mac-os-x-and-xcode  

This has not (yet) been updated for Darwin 10.14 or Xcode 10. Maybe there is a general problem with Xcode, this I don't know. I only use the command line. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Juergen_R_R
Valued Contributor I

Hi,

this reads more like an error message from a Makefile than a compiler error message. You didn't pose any question but I assume you want to know why your code doesn't compile, but we need definitely more information. I also upgraded to Darwin 18.0 (Mojave) yesterday, and the Intel compiler (in the shell) still works. 

Cheers,

Jürgen

仁义_许_
Beginner

CodeSign /Users/**/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Test5-bvdubqytuvnwyugbvzboxsffzzec/Build/Products/Debug/Test5 (in target: Test5)

cd /Users/**/Desktop/Test5

export CODESIGN_ALLOCATE=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/codesign_allocate

Signing Identity:     "Mac Developer: *********@hotmail.com (RH573QJXT5)"

/usr/bin/codesign --force --sign B468599B0D896175007526FD8E23488863D11557 --entitlements /Users/s**/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Test5-bvdubqytuvnwyugbvzboxsffzzec/Build/Intermediates.noindex/Test5.build/Debug/Test5.build/Test5.xcent --timestamp=none /Users/shrine-Mac/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Test5-bvdubqytuvnwyugbvzboxsffzzec/Build/Products/Debug/Test5  

Users/shrine-Mac/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Test5-bvdubqytuvnwyugbvzboxsffzzec/Build/Products/Debug/Test5: No such file or directory  

Command CodeSign failed with a nonzero exit code

Juergen_R_R
Valued Contributor I

Sorry, but this really looks neither like a question regarding Fortran nor Intel, but just like a problem with your XCode installation. Apparently, XCode cannot find a directory it is supposed to look into. Possibly something has changed in the signing procedure for XCode development projects between XCode 9 and 10 (or between High Sierra and Mojave); maybe completely re-configure and re-build your software project?

仁义_许_
Beginner

I can build it on Terminal, but can't on Xcode

warning: no rule to process file '/Users/*-Mac/Desktop/Test5/Test5/12.f90' of type 'sourcecode.fortran.f90' for architecture 'x86_64' (in target 'Test5')

warning: missing creator for mutated node: ('/Users/**-Mac/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Test5-bvdubqytuvnwyugbvzboxsffzzec/Build/Products/Debug/Test5') (in target 'Test5')

error: Cycle inside Test5; building could produce unreliable results.

Cycle details:

Target build order preserved because “Parallelize Build” is off

→ Target 'Test5': CodeSign /Users/**-Mac/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Test5-bvdubqytuvnwyugbvzboxsffzzec/Build/Products/Debug/Test5

○ Target 'Test5': CodeSign /Users/**-Mac/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Test5-bvdubqytuvnwyugbvzboxsffzzec/Build/Products/Debug/Test5

Juergen R. wrote:

Sorry, but this really looks neither like a question regarding Fortran nor Intel, but just like a problem with your XCode installation. Apparently, XCode cannot find a directory it is supposed to look into. Possibly something has changed in the signing procedure for XCode development projects between XCode 9 and 10 (or between High Sierra and Mojave); maybe completely re-configure and re-build your software project?

Juergen_R_R
Valued Contributor I

Looking at this page: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/performance-tools-for-software-developers-compatibility-of-intel-compiler-for-mac-os-x-and-xcode  

This has not (yet) been updated for Darwin 10.14 or Xcode 10. Maybe there is a general problem with Xcode, this I don't know. I only use the command line. 

View solution in original post