Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

CVF & Windows XP Tablet PC O/S

Leonard_S_
Beginner

The first time I launch MS Developer Studio I can compile a routine, but if I try to re-compile the routine, it creates a new *.obj file, but Developer Studio remains in 'Build' mode, i.e. it never issues the error and warning summary. Subsequent launches of Developer Studio then also get stuck in 'Build' mode, now on the first attempt to compile, although the new *.obj is generated as per the file's time stamp. The menu "Stop Build" does not stop the process and I must terminate it via the Task Manager.

If I reboot the system, I can again get one compile without hanging in 'Build' mode.

So it's as if after the first compile any subsequent compiles produce a new *.obj file, as per the file's timestamp, but Developer Studio does not return successfully from the compile mode, i.e. it never issues the error and warning summary.

Maybe it is just this version (Tablet PC) of Windows XP, as on my other two systems: Windows XP and Windows 2000 it works just fine.

I can use the CVF DOS window compile commands so all is not lost, it was just a lot easier to use the Developer Studio. CVF version 6.6C3.

Any suggestions greastly appreciated, --len

0 Kudos
0 Replies