Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

CVF and MSDN compatibility

hweisberg
Beginner
It appears that if you install the October 2001 edition of MS Developer Network, then in Compaq Visual Fortran the link to the Fortran documentation is broken. In the Compaq Visual Fortran version of Developer studio, if you select Help | Contents, you get the MSDN Library. Needless to say, if you select a keyword in a Fortran source file and press F1, you don?t get help for that keyword.

We can access the Fortran documentation from the Start Menu as follows: Start | Programs | Compaq Visual Fortran 6 | Online Documentation.

How can we get Visual Studio to see the Fortran documentation the way it used to?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jugoslav_Dujic
Valued Contributor II
Tools/Options/Help System/Preferred collection

"When everything fails, read the documentation" ;-)
0 Kudos
hweisberg
Beginner
I did read the documentation -- "Changing the Current Collection." But I posted first.

Now what we need is a way to switch the preferred collection automatically depending on whether we are working in VC++ or CVF. That's probably in the documentation somewhere also.
0 Kudos
Jugoslav_Dujic
Valued Contributor II
Sorry for the pun -- it was stated in User's Guide at a rather logical place.

On the other hand, I don't think it's regularly possible the other way round. That info is written in registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftHTML Help CollectionsDeveloper Collections�x0409Preferred so if you're willing to write a batch file/startup macro/VS extension to change it at startup...

Jugoslav
0 Kudos