Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Can I redistribute ifconsol.lib?

Mark_L_7
Beginner

I am building a Fortran static library to be used in a C/C++ DLL.  The DLL requires 6 Intel libraries. 5 of the 6 libraries are listed in fredist.txt, but not ifconsol.lib. 

Is this an oversight?

If it is not redistributable, can build the library without it?

TIA,

Mark

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Interesting question. Let me research it and get back to you. I don't know why it's missing. Does your library do any I/O?

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

There are a bunch of other libraries missing, some of which would be necessary, such as ifmodintr.lib. Very puzzling. The person who could best answer this is out until Monday but I will get you an answer as soon as I can. It is probably an oversight but I am not sure.

0 Kudos
Mark_L_7
Beginner

Yes, some of the libraries will do I/O.

Mark

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

We've concluded that this was indeed an oversight - ifconsol.lib, ifauto.lib, ifcom.lib, ifmodintr.lib and ifwin.lib (there may be others - we will check) are allowed to be redistributed according to the terms of the End User License Agreement.

0 Kudos
Mark_L_7
Beginner

Great.  Thank you for your very quick response!

Mark

0 Kudos
Allen_Barnett
Beginner

Following up on this post, I'm looking at the fredist.txt file for Composer XE 2013 SP1 (version 14.0.3). It lists many of the static libraries as redistributable that were not mentioned in earlier versions. However, ifconsol.lib, ifauto.lib, ifcom.lib, ifmodintr.lib and ifwin.lib are not listed. Is it still OK to redistribute them with our compiled static library?

Thanks,
Allen

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Yes, it is. I thought we had fixed this problem, but apparently not. I'll try again.

0 Kudos
Allen_Barnett
Beginner

Thanks! We appreciate it.

0 Kudos