Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Cannot compile/run OpenMP codes

Alexander_C_1
Beginner

Hi, I'm trying to compile and run OpenMP codes on my machine (2013 Mac Pro, Composer XE 2015, OSX Yosemite), but they don't run successfully. I compile with the -openmp flag and it compiles just fine, but when I try to run it I get the error that libiomp5.dylib isn't loaded. If I then export the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH variable to point to the proper directory, I now get an Illegal Instruction: 4 error.

These codes run fine on other machines, and I can compile and run programs using MKL on this system.

Anybody else have a solution to this problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

The stack size is a possible cause. This previous post "Illegal instruction" error with OpenMP has some tips on what can be tried.

While you did not mention your Xcode version, you mentioned Yosemite so you might refer to this posting about Compatibility with OS X Yosemite and Xcode 6.0.1 for some other possible causes.

Hope one of those helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alexander_C_1
Beginner

I think I figured it out...

Is this a stack size issue? The code I'd been testing created a large global memory stack variable (something on the order of 10 million doubles).

I tested another simple code and it ran just fine.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

The stack size is a possible cause. This previous post "Illegal instruction" error with OpenMP has some tips on what can be tried.

While you did not mention your Xcode version, you mentioned Yosemite so you might refer to this posting about Compatibility with OS X Yosemite and Xcode 6.0.1 for some other possible causes.

Hope one of those helps.

0 Kudos
Alexander_C_1
Beginner

Thanks, it does indeed appear to be the stack size. I'm running 2015 Update 1 so it should be fully compatible with XCode 6.1.

0 Kudos