Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28456 Discussions

Cannot find Fortran Compiler in Intel Parallel Studio editions

duc_d_
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I am trying to install one of editions of Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 (I installed Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 Cluster Edition). However, after the installation, I can not find any Fortran Compiler in my computer. I do not what was wrong although I already setup to choose Fortran Compiler for the installation.

Configuration of My computer:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2620M CPU @2.7GHz 2.7GHz

RAM: 8GB

64-bit OS, 64-bit-based processor

Thank you very much for your reading.

Sincerely,

Duc

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

"I can not find any Fortran Compiler in my computer" -- how did you reach this conclusion? Did you check in the Windows "Programs and Features" control panel, through the Start Menu, or some other way?

Did you install Parallel Studio in the default location, or did you specify a custom location at installation time? Can you find the string IFORT_COMPILER16 in the list of environment variables and, if you do, what is its value?

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

There are parallel studio installers which include c++ but not Fortran in which case there is no Fortran option on the install menu.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

True, but I saw "...although I already setup to choose Fortran Compiler for the installation" when I replied. I have never seen an installer offer to install a package that it was not capable of installing.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Which Visual Studio do you have installed? If it is VS2015, is there C++ support present?

0 Kudos