Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Cannot open include file

Solal_A_
Beginner

I am using somebody else's solver, which I copied on my machine as is. After linking the correct libraries, I am getting this error for an include file:

mpif90 -c poisson_hypre.F90  poisson_hypre.F90 -O2 -fpp -I/myHomeDir/Codes/OpposedJet//lib/hypre//include/
poisson_hypre.F90(21): error #5102: Cannot open include file 'HYPREf.h'

The file HYPREf.h is in that directory, and I have even changed its permissions with `chmod 777 HYPREf.h` but that did not change anything. I checked with the code's author and everything is working for him under the same conditions.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Lorri_M_Intel
Employee

In your command line, is that an  uppercase "I" or a lowercase "L" ?  It should be an uppercase "I"

From the same directory as your source file, can you successfully issue this command:

ls -l /myHomeDir/Codes/OpposedJet//lib/hypre//include/HYPREf.h

(that's lowercase "L" both for "ls" and for "-l"  :-) )

--Lorri

0 Kudos
Solal_A_
Beginner

In my command line, it is a uppercase "i".

Here is the output of the following command:

ls -l /myHomeDir/Codes/OpposedJet/lib/hypre/include/HYPREf.h 

-rw-r--r-- 1 my_user_name group_name 1858 Sep  2 13:55 /my_home_dir/Codes/MPIcode/OpposedJet/lib/hypre/include/HYPREf.h

I previously mentioned that I changed the permission on the 'HYPREf.h' file with the chmod -777 command. I have now reverted it to its original permission.

Solal

0 Kudos
Lorri_M_Intel
Employee

In your original post, in the command line, you list the same file twice ... is that what you are actually doing, or is that a typo in creating this post?

If you actually have the same file twice, perhaps the include file is being "locked" by the first compilation.

If you do not have the same file twice, let's try replacing "mpif90" with "ifort".  It will still fail to compile because it won't find the MPI mod or include files, but maybe it will find your .h file? 

--Lorri

0 Kudos