Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28477 Discussions

Capturing treeview checkbox state event

larryscheier
Beginner
I am using DVF 6.6B to process several Treeview events. The std Treeview control allows checkboxes to be one of each tree items active states. However, I have been unable to find the corresponding treeview notification message. The TVN_SELCHANGED event is useless because this event is independent of the checkbox state event. The NM_CLICK event provides some hope, but it only tells me which treeview control the user clicked in, not which treeview item within the treeview control. I suppose I could capture mouse movements and send a TVM_HITTEST message to see if the mouse was within the state icon region, but that seems a rather roundabout and possibly inaccurate approach.

Thanks for any help!
Larry Scheier
SEI Associates
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jugoslav_Dujic
Valued Contributor II
I tested it with Spy++ on Explorer's Tools/Folder Options/View treeview. It looks as if it's NM_CUSTOMDRAW -> NMCUSTOMDRAW -> uItemState/CDIS_CHECKED.

I assume you know that you have to use "Cray" (Integer) pointers to dereference structures sent by WM_NOTIFY?

Jugoslav
0 Kudos
larryscheier
Beginner
You are a wealth of information, Jugoslav. That's exactly what I needed. Thanks!

Larry Scheier
SEI Associates
0 Kudos