Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28477 Discussions

Changes to install directory, path, and registry with 2024.0.x vs earlier versions

avinashs
New Contributor I

I have installed Intel(R) Fortran Compiler Classic (ifort) 2024.0 on Windows 10, also referenced as 2021.11.0 [Intel(R) 64] in the MSVSC 17.8.4 IDE. There are no problems with using it with the Intel oneAPI command prompt or the IDE. However, we have some software and batch files that have since the start of oneAPI depended on a particular install structure of ifort in both C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\compiler\ and in the registry.

1. In particular, ifort.exe was located in the \windows subfolder of this directory under \bin. Now it seems that the \windows no longer exists with 2024.0.x and that \bin is directly under ..\compiler.

2. The registry entry under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Intel\Compilers\Fortran\192.49896 references the ProductDir as C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\compiler\2024.0\.

3. However, under system variables, IFORT_COMPILER24 is defined as C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\compiler\2024.0\windows\, a directory which does not exist. Is this a bug or an install error? This is a creating a problem for the batch files and other programs that reference the system variables and registry entry.

Any help would be appreciated as otherwise I would have to rollback to an earlier version.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II
I think 3) is a bug, there is a recent thread that discussed this.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II
I think 3) is a bug, there is a recent thread that discussed this.
0 Kudos
avinashs
New Contributor I

Thanks, @andrew_4619 for the confirmation and link. I edited the path as directed but the fix did not work for the batch files that require the path. Will have to separately look into that. May be I missed it but it would be useful if changes such as this were highlighted in a What's New section with every release since several experts were also unaware of the change.

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

The new directory layout is mentioned in the Fortran Release Notes, the Fortran System Requirements , and the HPC Kit System Requirements among other Release Notes and System Requirements articles.

For detailed information about the Unified layout, including how to initialize the environment and advantages with the Unified layout, refer to Use the setvars and oneapi-vars Scripts with Linux and Use the setvars and oneapi-vars Scripts with Windows.

0 Kudos
avinashs
New Contributor I

@Barbara_P_Intel  Thanks for the links. We were able to successfully update the batch files for compiler configuration and building the .dlls after making the changes. The incorrect path entry did not matter although we did remove the \windows from the path.

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

That's good news!

0 Kudos