Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Compile Fortran with ARPACK in Linux

Wilson_C_
Beginner

I want to use the

gfortran test.f90  -lblas -llapack

to compile the file test.f90 and want to use arpack but there is an error message:

test5.f90:(.text+0x7d9): undefined reference to `dsaupd_'
test5.f90:(.text+0x990): undefined reference to `dseupd_'
test5.f90:(.text+0xbbf): undefined reference to `dmout_'

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

This is a forum for Intel Fortran, not gfortran. I suggest posting to the comp.lang.fortran newsgroup.

mecej4
Black Belt

In addition to Steve's comments: note that Arpack is not part of BLAS or Lapack, so you would need to build it from sources or find a pre-built Arpack library and install it.

Wilson_C_
Beginner

I understand that probably I post the question in the wrong forum but before I delete it, I would like to reply to mecej4. I have installed Arpack following http://modb.oce.ulg.ac.be/mediawiki/index.php/How_to_compile_ARPACK. I would like to know what my problem I have.

TimP
Black Belt

If you have followed those instructions, your app will need to be linked with -L$HOME/ARPACK etc ahead of the lapack and blas references.  Any of the clf, gcc-help, or stackoverflow/fortran sites should be helpful.