Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Compiling .f95 files

fsharpminor
Beginner
Is there any way of configuring DevStudio so that CVF 6.6 will recognise files with the .f95 extension rather than .f90 ? I'm using a library of supplied files where .f90 and .f95 versions are supplied, but the system simply doesn't recognise .f95; produces no syntax colouring, won't compile.

Thanks,
FSM
0 Kudos
3 Replies
sgongola
Beginner
Not sure if you mean visual studio or just the compiler
input. When invoking the compiler from a command line
you can specify /source=filename.any and the compiler
will accept the file as fortran source input.

sol
0 Kudos
durisinm
Novice
I thought that it might work to add a new F95 file type that is the same as the FOR, F, F90, etc. defined types. I tried this on Windows 98, but it didn't work. It seems that there is something inside of CVF itself that doesn't recognize files with the .f95 extension.

Mike
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
The command line has an /extfor option that defines additional file types to be recognized as Fortran files. But in the Developer Studio environment, the lists of file types are not usefully user modifiable.

.f95 is not a generally accepted file type for Fortran files. It is unfortunate that .f90 became the convention for "Fortran free-form source", as that implied to some users conformance to a particular revision of the standard. (What's next - .f00?)

The future Intel Visual Fortran product is planned to allow users to add file types to the lists recognized in the IDE, but for now, it's difficult to do there. If you're using the command line only, /extfor works fine in CVF. (I'll note that Intel Fortran 7 does not have a similar feature.)

Steve
0 Kudos