Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28495 Discussions

Compiling one file at a time with IVF

rskalgutkar
Beginner
I used to be able to compile one fortran file out of a multifile project in CVF. This no longer appears to be possible in IVF. The Compile command (cntrl + F7) seems to do nothing and Build will compile andlink the entire project at once. I have looked around the file and project properties with no luck. Have I missed something? There must be a way to compile one file at a time.
Thanks.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
lklawrie1
Beginner
I believe you can "right-click" on the file name and one of the options is "compile".
Linda
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Correct - this was added for 8.1.
0 Kudos
jarvusluntatintel
I am having the same problem with version 8.1. Under the "Class View" window, I can right click and get to compile. However, I have hundreds of files in my project. I don't want to have to go and find the file (I don't usually even keep this window open--I just use cntrl+o to open the file I want to work on). When I have the subroutine open in my main text window, I would like to be able to compile just this file (preferably withthe keyboard:cntrl+F7).
Has this been improved for version 9?
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
CTRL-F7 does not compile the file. I have this submitted as a bug report - if you would also submit an issue to Intel Premier Support about it, that would help raise the priority.
0 Kudos