Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Congratulations

JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III
Steve:

You should give a big pat on the back to the group that put the help files into HELP VIEWER 1.1. This is a huge improvement, as good now as the Powerstation manuals which I keep at my bedside. My only comment is that difficulty in getting the code out, one now gets a lot of HTML.

Interesting HELP VIEWER 1.1 works on my desktop but not my dell precision, both running WIN7 64 bit.

Any ideas?

PS: Happy Christmas, I forgot weeks ago.
PS1: I had some old Fortran code that was written from an older BASIC code, Bill Gates BasicA not modern basic. I could get GWbasic running on a WIN7 64 bit machine, but it was as freaking slow as the old days.

Life is short play hard.

JMN
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Wendy_Doerner__Intel
Valued Contributor I
Maybe one system has been upgraded to SP 1 and the other not?
0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III
Interesting, it just starting doing it from the desktop as well.

Stock standard WIN7 installation with VS 2010 and Intel Fortran.

i do have VS 11 installed as well.

JMN
0 Kudos
Wendy_Doerner__Intel
Valued Contributor I
How is it not working? You should be able to select the following:

Help => Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2011

and see something like this page:

http://127.0.0.1:47873/help/2-7444/ms.help?product=VS&productVersion=100&method=f1&query=intel.for.main_cover_xe12&locale=en-US&DevLang=intelfor&category=DevLang%3aIntelFortran

What do you see when you follow those steps? Note to get the this help you need to configure instalation for local help as noted in this article.

Also did you intialize the "Local Store"? See the information on how to do this from the release notes.

2.2.5 Additional Steps to Install Documentation for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010

When installing Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2011 on a system with Microsoft Visual

Studio 2010 for the first time, you will be asked to initialize the Local Store for documentation

for Visual Studio 2010 if it was not done before. The "Help Library Manager" will register the

Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2011 help documentation within Visual Studio 2010. Please

follow the instructions of the "Help Library Manager" installation wizard to install the Intel Visual

Fortran Composer XE 2011 help documentation for Visual Studio 2010.

This step is only needed once. When you install Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2011

updates in the future, you will not be required to re-register the documentation through the Help

Library Manager.

For the more information, see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd264831.aspx or search

on microsoft.com for Help Library Manager.

------

Wendy

Attaching or including files in a post

0 Kudos