Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

Cos, Sin, Pow Already defined in libucrtd.lib

jura__julien
Beginner

Hi everyone,

I'm new in the Visual Fortran world and need your help. So here's the point :

I have to upgrade an old Vs6/Fortran PowerStation code base to vs2017/Visual Fortran.
I've already setup vs2017, Intel Parallel Studio 2018, recompile the sources etc ...
My Project is basically a win MFC app which link with a huge Visual Fortran static lib (.vfproj)

All runtime are properly set :
RELEASE config : c/c++ runtime = Multithread /MT - Fortran runtime : MultiThreaded
DEBUG config : c/c++ runtime = Debug Multithread /MTd - Fortran runtime : Debug Multithreaded 

In the final linking step, i encounter several error link LNK2005 xxxxx already defined in libmmt.lib

In RELEASE configuration, to fix the Linking error (cos, sin, pow already defined) i used the solution provided by Steve Lionel (last answer)
https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-visual-fortran-compiler-for-windows/topic/276325

So i put libmmt.lib first in my additionals dependencies and everything goes fine.

In DEBUG configuration this solution is no longer working i get the following errors :

1>libucrtd.lib(acos.obj) : error LNK2005: _acos déjà défini(e) dans libmmt.lib(acos_iface_c99.obj)
1>libucrtd.lib(acos.obj) : error LNK2005: __CIacos déjà défini(e) dans libmmt.lib(acos_iface_c99.obj)
1>libucrtd.lib(cos.obj) : error LNK2005: _cos déjà défini(e) dans libmmt.lib(cos_iface_c99.obj)
1>libucrtd.lib(cos.obj) : error LNK2005: __CIcos déjà défini(e) dans libmmt.lib(cos_iface_c99.obj)
1>libucrtd.lib(sin.obj) : error LNK2005: _sin déjà défini(e) dans libmmt.lib(sin_iface_c99.obj)
1>libucrtd.lib(sin.obj) : error LNK2005: __CIsin déjà défini(e) dans libmmt.lib(sin_iface_c99.obj)
1>libucrtd.lib(pow.obj) : error LNK2005: _pow déjà défini(e) dans libmmt.lib(pow_iface_c99.obj)
1>libucrtd.lib(pow.obj) : error LNK2005: __CIpow déjà défini(e) dans libmmt.lib(pow_iface_c99.obj)
1>LINK : warning LNK4098: conflit entre la bibliothèque par défaut 'LIBCMT' et les autres bibliothèques ; utilisez /NODEFAULTLIB:library

How to fix it ?

Best regards 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

In the Debug configuration, replace libmmt.lib with libmmtd.lib.

0 Kudos
jura__julien
Beginner

Thank you Steve,

VS2017 said : unable to open libmmtd.lib.
I guess something which rely on the debug was not installed at setup time.

Is "Intel Debugger extension" enough to fix it or should i install "Intel C++ compiler" too ?

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Sorry, I thought there was a libmmtd but there isn't. 

I suggest you try DLL linking instead - change the libraries in both Fortran and C++ to Multithread DLL. (In the Debug configuration, you can use Multithread Debug DLL but it isn't necessary.)

You don't need the "Intel Debugger Extension" - that's used when working with programs that use the Intel Xeon Phi coprocessors.

0 Kudos
jura__julien
Beginner

Thank you Doctor Fortran !

Debugging is now working !

0 Kudos