Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

DLL built with 2013 and VS 2010 Fails

Don_G_
New Contributor I

I have a large C# Project with an embedded Fortran DLL.   I upgraded from VS 2005 and Fortran 10 to VS 2010 and Foretran 2013.  My app works ffine on the development machine, but the DLL is inaccessible on a non development test machine.   I have installed the fortran 2013 redistributable:  w_fcompxe_redist_ia32_2013_sp1.4.237.msi​.    What am I missing?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Possibly the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables from VS2010. You can get that from Microsoft. Make sure you didn't build a Debug configuration.

If you can't work it out, load the DLL in DependencyWalker on the target system and see what it gripes about. It will probably have some additional warnings - you're really interested in missing Intel or MSVC DLLs.

0 Kudos
Don_G_
New Contributor I

I also installed those Redistributables....  In the previous (working version) there was a libifport and a libifcore....   Could these be a clue to the problem.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

There should be a libifcoremd.dll and libifportmd.dll installed into C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\ia32_win\compiler and this folder should be in the PATH system environment variable. You may need to log out and in again to get it set right. Do run DependencyWalker and see what it says,

0 Kudos
Don_G_
New Contributor I

DepWalker complains about a missing LIBIFPORTMD.DLL.   There is no Intel folder in  C:\Program Files (x86)\Common File.   Shouldn't the redistributable install make that directory? .​

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Yes. Which installer did you use?

0 Kudos
Don_G_
New Contributor I

NSIS...   Somehow my NSIS script did not install the redistribs....playing with that.   Did I know you from DEC and DECUS back in the dark ages?

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Yes, you may well have known me from DEC and DECUS.

0 Kudos