Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

Debugging-Problems: Mixed Language Programming VBA-Excel Compaq Visual Fortran 6.6c

martin_erwin
Beginner
Dear Fortran-Forum
I constantly get an error-message, when I try to debug an Excel-VBA with a Fortran-Dll-Call. First VF compains, that Excel-does not provide debugging-information, then Excel-VBA stops with following error-message:
Debug Assertion Failed!
Program c:ProgrammeMicrosoft OfficeOffice 10Excel.exe
File: system.c
Line:59
Expression *command!=_T('�')
What can I do? Do I have to take another compiler, another statement or option? What is the best, most comfortable and safest way of Mixed Language programming with Excel-VBA and Fortran at all?
Even with example-programs from developersguide I got this problem.
Martin Erwin
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Lorri_M_Intel
Employee

A couple of things.

First, debugging a mixed language program with VBA and Fortran is, ah, interesting. The two languages are not integrated any where near as well as Fortran and C are. Among other things, there are two different debuggers, depending on whether you're debugging the VBA or Fortran code.

That said, what all the CVF documentation describes is debugging the Fortran code. It is *expected* that you would get the message that excel.exe contains no debugging information, and can be safely ignored when debugging the Fortran code.

However, the error message that you describe is coming out of the Excel-VBA code. What versiondo you have? I'm going to assume, given the directory path, that your system is not set up with the English language, is that true? I'm wondering if there is something incorrectly configured within Excel to support the natural language on your system.

What do you see if you open Excel, go to the VBA code, and then try and debug? How far into the processing can you get?

- Lorri

0 Kudos