Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Default Endian convention change between XE15 and XE16

After installing both XE15 and XE16 on one of our Linux clusters, we realized that the simple code here

real(kind=8)::a
a=123456789d0
open(10,file='bin.dat', form='unformatted')
write(10) a
close(10)
end

does not produce the same output (byte order) in the XE15 and XE16 environments.

Has a default value for the FORT_CONVERT.ext, FOR_CONVERTn and/or F_UFMTENDIAN environment variables changed from 15 or 16? Or does this point at an error in our installation?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Endian change? Absolutely not

Endian change? Absolutely not! Do you have any of those environment variables set?

Retired 12/31/2016
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks Steve - I wanted to

Thanks Steve - I wanted to exhaust all options here, I agree this hypothesis was a one in a million shot; are there options others than the one indicated above to change the endian convention? It is puzzling because we are just loading/unloading the module for XE16 (reverting back to XE15) and we see the change between the two.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

There's also FORT_CONVERT_ext

There's also FORT_CONVERT_ext (not to be confused with FORT_CONVERT.ext). Plus CONVERT= on OPEN, OPTIONS and -convert on compile. Also look for ifort.cfg files that specify defaults. Ask for a listing file (-list) and see what it shows for the convert option.

Retired 12/31/2016
0 Kudos