Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Dialog Box

Carlos_S_
Beginner

Since I installed the last update for Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE(Visual Studio 2010), I can not create a dialog box as I used to create using Compaq Visual Fortran.

Please, can someone help me in this way?

Sincerely,

Carlos A Santos.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

What goes wrong? Are you using the bundled Visual Studio 2010 Shell (which does not have the Resource Editor) or a separate VS2010? You said "since [you] installed the last update" - did it work before?

0 Kudos
Carlos_S_
Beginner

Dear Leonel,

How can I know if I am using the correct Visual Studio 2010?

When I updated my version I only donwloaded it and installed. 

Thank you for your support.

Carlos A Santos

0 Kudos
Carlos_S_
Beginner

Dear Lionel,

I installed this update in my machine: Intel® Visual Fortran Composer XE for Windows* (incl. Microsoft Visual Studio Shell and Libraries*). Is this the correct Visual Studio version?

Best regards,

Carlos A Santos.

0 Kudos
Carlos_S_
Beginner

Dear Lionel,

When I had the Visual Studio 2008 installed in my machine, I didn´t work with dialog boxes. I began my projects using dialog boxes now, with the Visual Studio 2010 version that I said.

I am looking forward to your answer.

Thank you for your support!

Carlos A Santos.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

If you did not already have Visual Studio installed, and you are using the version from that download, then you don't have access to the Resource Editor, which is where you create and edit dialog boxes. Microsoft has chosen to not make that available to us. Our usual recommendation is to use the free tool at www.resedit.net, but you have to run it independently of Visual Studio.

0 Kudos
Carlos_S_
Beginner

Dear Lionel,

Then, If I buy Visual Studio 2010 from Microsoft, the problem will be eliminated.

In this case, I have the following doubt. If I buy Visual Studio 2010 and install it in my computer, I won´t be able to install the update of Intel Visual Composer XE for Visual Studio 2012 or more recently. Is my idea correct?

Carlos A Santos.  

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Carlos,

If you purchase and install Visual Studio (at this point you would be buying VS2013) - the Professional Edition is sufficient - then you will still be able to install updates to Intel Visual Fortran.

0 Kudos
Carlos_S_
Beginner

Lionel,

If I purchase Visual Studio 2013, should I first install it before installing Intel Visual Fortran? After that, in the next updates of Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE, should I choose the option without Visual Studio Shell?

Carlos A Santos.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Yes to both questions. If you have already installed Fortran and then install Visual Studio, you can do a "Change" in Programs and Features on Intel Visual Fortran and then enable the  VS2013 integration, or uninstall and reinstall. In the future, you can select the no shell option.

0 Kudos