Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28463 Discussions

Documentation page titles missing in latest update

ereisch
New Contributor II

The latest release of the Language Reference guide for the compiler (https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/fortran-compiler-oneapi-dev-guide-and-reference/top/language-reference.html) seems to have lost the page titles when you search for content.

It used to be that when you searched for a keyword, (ALLOCATE) in my example case, you'd get a bunch of results sorted be relevance, with the titles on the right matching the topic for the page.  However, now it's just showing the generic "Intel® Fortran Compiler Classic and Intel® Fortran Compiler Developer Guide and Reference" as the title of each page returned, which makes it a lot more difficult to scroll through the results to find what you're looking for:

Screenshot.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ron_Green

Barbara worked with the documentation team.  They are working on a new documentation system and the indexing was impacted, ie bug introduced.  they've rolled back that change and it seems to be back to normal today. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Ron_Green

Interesting.  I see the same.  We do get 270 hits for the search term "Allocate" so perhaps there is a limit to the number of hits before it collapses the dev guide index like this.  OR as you mentioned, if the hits span multiple chapters.  

I do know the documentation team is in the process of reworking the Dev Guide and Reference as they upgrade their toolchain.  I'll ask at the next team meeting. 

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

Do you know there's a .pdf version of the DGR you can download? I like the search there better. 

Barbara_P_Intel_0-1666810631861.png

0 Kudos
ereisch
New Contributor II
Yes, but the PDF can't do a "relevance-sorted" search like the website does by default. I find that to me most useful.
0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

I like the printed Microsoft Fortran manuals. They sit on my desk have done so for 35 years.  

0 Kudos
Jeanette_F_Intel
Employee

Thanks so much for pointing out this bug - it is also affecting a few other books, and we've escalated it to the web team.

In the meantime, if the PDF version doesn't work for you, you can download an HTML version for offline use here.  It offers yet another search mechanism which might work better for you than the PDF. 

Ron_Green

Barbara worked with the documentation team.  They are working on a new documentation system and the indexing was impacted, ie bug introduced.  they've rolled back that change and it seems to be back to normal today. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.