Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28465 Discussions

Download Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017 and student license

Khizar
Beginner

Hi,

I need Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017 with Intel Fortran compiler 17.0 to create executables for some engineering simulations. This work is related to my PhD research project.  I was wondering where I can download "Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017" and get license for it. I am looking for a student license.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Instead of pursuing an old version such as XE2017, you may obtain and install the latest version free of charge and a license file will not be needed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
43 Replies
Khizar
Beginner

Hi Steve and (mecej4).

Thanks a lot for your help. With the latest version of the object files and other files, I have compiled the the UMAT file without any errors. I am going to test it now, and I hope it will run fine for my simulations.

Thanks again,

Khizar 

0 Kudos
Khizar
Beginner

Hi,

When I run my input file using the executable file. I get the following error.

"The ordinal 747 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\LSDYNA\program\lsdyna1.exe". 

Any idea how this issue can be solved. I read on some forums people have copied a .dll from the intel fortran compiler (downloaded folder) anf paste with the executable. In the oneAPI folder, I see there are several .dll files so not sure which one to copy and paste. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Go to Intel® oneAPI standalone component installation files

Select Runtime Versions > Windows > Intel Fortran Compiler Classic for Windows

Download and install that.

0 Kudos
Khizar
Beginner

Thanks Steve. dll error has been solved by installing " Runtime Versions > Windows > Intel Fortran Compiler Classic for Windows" from Intel® oneAPI standalone component installation files.

I have a couple of questions for you.

If I compile my code and make an executable and there is no warning or error while compiling the code. Can still something be wrong with the executable?

If I create my executable with the latest source files and libraries (as we did); however, I run it with an older version of my simulation software (some older versions are preferred due to some reasons). Do you think there can be an issue with that?

Thanks again   

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Khizar wrote "If I compile my code and make an executable and there is no warning or error while compiling the code. Can still something be wrong with the executable?"

Not only can something be wrong, it most often does so, and in any but trivial or superbly crafted programs, your real troubles begin when you try to run the program. Compile-time and link-time errors are easy to detect and fix, in comparison. 

0 Kudos
Khizar
Beginner

Thanks again (mecej4). So in such situations (no error or warning appears while compiling), can you recommend some strategies to identify the potential errors.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

I may have missed the point of your question, but let me try:

1. The problem with Fortran code and all other codes is that the answers need to be validated.  At the moment I am using some code developed by Microsoft.  The code will not run on the latest versions of the compiler because of DLL issues.   I am using the original 0.11 release.  Microsoft said they will look at it.  

2. So you will find errors for the next 50 years as people use your code, it is just part of the fun. 

3. I had some LISP code once in AutoCAD that selected points for doing stuff -- we had a young Lady who had no problems using the code I developed, after about a year we got another young lady, the original young lady showed her how to use the code -- never write manuals it only spoils the users.  In about an hour she was complaining it did not work and it was my fault.  The programmer is always an idiot and it is their fault when nothing works. Turns out the first young lady had excellent eyesight and could cope with a narrow selection box, we had to adjust the selection box for the other young lady who could not see as well.  

4. If I failed to answer your question I apologize. 

5.  Remember there are four types of people in the world, programmers and non programmers and the second is programmers who fill their floor with sand so they think they are at a beach. 

6. Why in all these messages does Steve's shortest message have scroll bars on the side and no one else does.  

0 Kudos
Khizar
Beginner

Thanks for explaining @JohnNichols . Got the point.

0 Kudos
cxqi
Novice

Cannot agree with you more. I am having trouble with this, i.e., there is no error or warning when I compile the program. However, I got an error when I execute the program. 'The procedure entry point for_stop_quiet could not be located in the dynamic link library'. Is there any suggestion that I could figure out the problem? 

Very much appreciate it!

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-duTJm2YRs

Shows how to solve this problem - the music is really bad. 

0 Kudos
cxqi
Novice

Already tried that. Thanks for your kind reply.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

We're working @cxqi 's problem in a separate thread.

0 Kudos
floresge
Novice

Hi
What FEA program are you using ??, I am in the same situation with the DIANA FEA program, please write to my email efloresg@uni.pe

Greetings

0 Kudos
Khizar
Beginner

Hi, 

I use LSDYNA. The set-up procedure is different for different software. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

That is the problem - there are several large FEA programs around and each is different.  I found that the easiest to use is a small Australian one STRAND 7 -- it is the easiest to use with Fortran.  I have a Fortran program that program that generates meshes for it.  Saves a lot of time as most elements are simple variants.  

Interestingly ControlData (I think) has a great program Stardyne that I was using in the 1980s for large coal bins. 

https://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=9127

Has interesting comments.  

Abaqus makes my blood boil, they have so many licenses and such lousy manuals and interface. 

0 Kudos
floresge
Novice

Excuse me, I made the wrong post

0 Kudos
rbhatt19
Beginner

Hello,

I am also a student using LS-Dyna and I get the same error while compliling nmake.exe. I have already installed intel OneAPI Base tool kit and Intel HPC tool tik with fortran compiler 2021. I get this error

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

H:\>cd object files 2

H: \object files 2>nmake

(Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 6.00.8168.0

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved.

ifort -c-traceback -4Yportlib -fp:precise - assume: byterecl,buffered_io -QXSSE2 -W -WB -fpp -DPCWIN -DINTEL - DIA64 -DAMD64 -DWINX64 -DNET_SECURITY -DXEON64 -DLSTCODE -DLONGFORMAT -DOPENMP -Qopenmp -DAUTODOUBLE -4R8 -418 couple2ot her_user.F

'ifort' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. .NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'ifort' : return code 'ox1' Stop.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please let me know how to solve this error. Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Your problem is being discussed in a separate thread.

0 Kudos
nikesh
Novice

i am unable do download Intel-Parallel-Studio-XE-2017

please help me to download this.

thank you

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Read the forum list you posted to and you will see the answer.  You will not get 2017 and you need to work at the solution as set out in this set of posts.  

0 Kudos
nikesh
Novice

i need Parallel studio XE 2017 student version. Please help me to get it. Kindly help me to download it from intel site.

thank you

0 Kudos