Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Extra bytes when infile is read?

Abby_P_
Beginner

Hi,

I have a quick question.. I am trying to copy a file(.exe/ text - could be anything) to the destination.. So wrote a subroutine as follows.. but when i read the infile for the length the value of I is extra 4 bytes..PLease refer to the bold code part... Thanks.. (i.e., blocksize+4.. 65536+4 = 65540).. previously in the digital version of fortran - It was running fine.. I am wondering what has changed now? -- 

int function copyfl (infile, outfile)
use ifwin
use ifport
implicit none

char *(*) infile
char *(*) outfile

int blocksize
parameter (blocksize = 65536)
char *(blocksize) buffer
int *4 dateval
int (HANDLE) fhandle
type (file$info) finfo
int i
int ioerr
logical err /false/

open (51, file = infile, status = 'old', iostat = ioerr, access = 'sequential', form = 'formatted', recl = blocksize, blocksize = blocksize, action = 'read', recordtype = 'stream')

if (ioerr <> 0)
  print *, 'ioerr=', ioerr
else
  open (52, file = outfile, status = 'unknown', iostat = ioerr, access = 'sequential', form = 'unformatted', recl = blocksize, action = 'write', recordtype = 'stream')

if (ioerr <> 0)
  print *, 'ioerr=', ioerr
   while (ioerr <> -1)
      read (51, '(Q,A)', iostat = ioerr) i, buffer[:i]
      print *, 'I value', i  (65540)
      if (ioerr is 0)
        print *, 'Block Size value infile', blocksize

if (i > blocksize + 1)
          print *, 'I value grater than Blocksize1 ', i 
          return

else
          write (52, iostat = ioerr) buffer[:i]
close (51)
close (52)
return
end

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mecej4
Black Belt

Please post the code. The fragments that you showed are not Fortran -- for example, "int" and "char" are not Fortran intrinsic types, and "<>" is not a Fortran operator. If you are using some preprocessor such as Ratfor, you should state so.

Abby_P_
Beginner

Oh yeah.. my bad!! .. We have a seperate preprocessor that we use.. Thanks !!