Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

F12 Visual Studio 2013 not work

Lester_L_
Beginner

The Text Editor- Fortran - Advanced functions have stopped working for VS 2013 using Intel Fortran 2015. When I first installed VS 2013 I activated some of the advanced text editing functions such as the F12 function (Go To Definition). I was pleasantly surprised that it was worked as many years ago this functionality was flaky. I then activated all the rest of the flags (keeping the Disable database =False) as per Steve Lionel's "Learn to Be An Intel Visual Fortran Power User - Part 1" YouTube video and soon after I tried other features all this advanced functionality stopped working including F12. I have tried making a new project, turning off some flags but I cannot get it to work again. Such a nuisance compare to Eclipse + Photran. Does it work for anyone else? Any ideas? Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

It works for me. Does right click and Go To Definition work in the case where F12 doesn't? Note that this feature doesn't work for all variable types.

0 Kudos
Lester_L_
Beginner

None of the advanced options work (F12, shift-F12, right click + GoTo, ...). I tried it for subroutines either in different or the same source file.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Yes, it seems it's not working for procedures in some contexts. I will try some more cases and file a bug report if appropriate.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Now I am having trouble reproducing the problem. Would you please attach a ZIP of a project that shows the problem? Do a Build > Clean first.

0 Kudos