Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28477 Discussions

Failure when installing Netcdf 4.3.3.1 with Intel compilers

christoph_s_1
Beginner

I am trying to install Netcdf version 4.3.3.1 with the Intel compilers. I enter:

source /opt/intel/bin/compilervars.sh ia32

Then I configure netcdf with the appropriate flags (I followed the guide on your website on how to install netcdf with Intel compilers:

./configure --prefix=/opt/netcdf/4.3.3.1 --disable-netcdf-4 CC=/opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2016.1.150/linux/bin/ia32/icc CXX=/opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2016.1.150/linux/bin/ia32/icpc CFLAGS='-O3 -xHost -ip -no-prec-div -static-intel' CXXFLAGS='-O3 -xHost -ip -no-prec-div -static-intel' F77=/opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2016.1.150/linux/bin/ia32/ifort FC=/opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2016.1.150/linux/bin/ia32/ifort F90=/opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2016.1.150/linux/bin/ia32/ifort FFLAGS='-O3 -xHost -ip -no-prec-div -static-intel' CPP='/opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2016.1.150/linux/bin/ia32/icc -E' CXXCPP='CXX=/opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2016.1.150/linux/bin/ia32/icpc -E'

When I do make check, it goes fine for a while until I get the following error:

icc: warning #10237: -lcilkrts linked in dynamically, static library not available
ld: warning: libimf.so, needed by ../liblib/.libs/libnetcdf.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
ld: warning: libsvml.so, needed by ../liblib/.libs/libnetcdf.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
ld: warning: libirng.so, needed by ../liblib/.libs/libnetcdf.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
make  check-TESTS
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/csmith/netcdf-c-4.3.3.1/ncgen3'
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/csmith/netcdf-c-4.3.3.1/ncgen3'
FAIL: run_tests.sh
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/csmith/netcdf-c-4.3.3.1/ncgen3'
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/csmith/netcdf-c-4.3.3.1/ncgen3'
============================================================================
Testsuite summary for netCDF 4.3.3.1
# TOTAL: 1
# PASS:  0
# SKIP:  0
# XFAIL: 0
# FAIL:  1
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0
See ncgen3/test-suite.log
Please report to support-netcdf@unidata.ucar.edu
make[3]: *** [test-suite.log] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/csmith/netcdf-c-4.3.3.1/ncgen3'
make[2]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/csmith/netcdf-c-4.3.3.1/ncgen3'
make[1]: *** [check-am] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/csmith/netcdf-c-4.3.3.1/ncgen3'
make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1

I'd be grateful for any help solving this. I am able to install netcdf with the gcc compilers without a problem, but I would prefer to use the Intel compilers.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
christoph_s_1
Beginner

I was able to solve the problem myself. The correct command to use is:

sudo make check install LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2016.1.150/linux/compiler/lib/ia32

0 Kudos
Judy_G_
Beginner

Thanks for posting that!  Although it solved the missing libraries, I still have some odd error:

$sudo make check install LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/intel/composer_xe_2011_sp1.9.293/compiler/lib/intel64

<bunch of messages>

../fortran/.libs/libnetcdff.so:  undefined reference to `nc_open_mem'

(in the nf_test directory).

0 Kudos