Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Flexm Software Install question

postaquestion
Novice

The Flexm software install for Intel-Fortran does not allow the location of the software to be defined. It defaults to c:Program FilesCommon Files

We need to install this s/w on our production server under a different location.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
I believe this subject is covered in the installation text files in the doc directory of the compiler installation, and also in previous forum posts, if you search the entire forum site. I'm not clear on whether you are looking for the environment variable, or to get a license modified, which I believe you can do by submitting a premier support issue.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I think he's asking about where the server and license daemon are installed on the system.

I suggest that you file this as a feature request with Intel Premier Support, though you can manually install wherever you want following the instructions in the Intel License Manager User Manual relating to sharing a license server with other products.
0 Kudos
howard_barker
Beginner

Thanks, I suspected this.

The only reason we would like it somewhere else is that we have a production server on which nothing 3rd party is upposed to be installed on the C drive. We use D,E & F drives for 3rd party applications & data.

0 Kudos