Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Fortran RunTime Libraries

Black__Christine
Beginner

I'm looking to get a hold of the Fortran runtime libraries.

I have access to the gfortran compiler, but the libraries are not necessarily available.  Are the runtime libraries available on their own?  Or are they apart of some larger software package?

I tried to call to get this information, but was direct to post here so I hope I'm in the right place.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

You want the gfortran libraries? This is not the right place. gfortran is part of gcc.

The Intel Fortran libraries are available here, but can't be used with gfortran.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Christine, please provide more details regarding the "Fortran runtime libraries" that you want. Runtime libraries (RTLs) are specific to individual Fortran compilers, and they are not interchangeable.

One scenario in which you would need the Intel RTL on a standalone basis is when a colleague or contact gives you an executable built with Intel Fortran, and you wish to run that executable without having Intel Fortran installed on your computer.

0 Kudos
Black__Christine
Beginner

Thanks for the quick replies!

mecej4 wrote:

Christine, please provide more details regarding the "Fortran runtime libraries" that you want. Runtime libraries (RTLs) are specific to individual Fortran compilers, and they are not interchangeable.

I'm specifically looking for the MKL Lapack95 and Blas95 libraries.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

You will need to obtain and install the MKL development package for building applications: https://software.seek.intel.com/performance-libraries . For finding the options to use with gFortran, please use the MKL Link Line Advisor at https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-mkl-link-line-advisor .

0 Kudos