Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Fortran compiler

Pescosolido__Alessio

I just installed Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Windows (I have Windows 7, 64 bit) because I want to evaluate the fortran compiler. I have the 30-day free trial. I do not have Microsoft Visual Studio so I was hoping to simply use the command tool to launch the fortran compiler. However the ifort command is not recognized. I followed the instructions below, "for other versions of Windows".

Any clues?

thank you

Open a command prompt.

Windows 10

Open the Start menu, and under the Intel Parallel Studio XE 2019 product group, select a compiler command prompt.

Other versions of Windows*

Open the Start menu and under Intel Parallel Studio XE 2019 > Compiler and Performance Libraries > Command prompt with Intel Compiler, select a build environment.

Invoke the compiler as follows:

ifort [options... ] inputfile(s) [/link link_options]

Use the command ifort /help to display all available compiler options.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

Current versions of Intel Fortran require Visual Studio to be installed. The free Community Edition will suffice.