Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Fortran help in Visual Studio

michael_green
Beginner

Hi All,

When I installed Visual Studio 2012 I remember checking some boxes that allowed me to install things like the Intel Fortran Compiler User and Reference Guide which is now available to me anytime on the press of the F1 key. A colleague did not check those boxes and therefore does not have Fortran help in Visual Studio. I have been unable to find a way to install it post hoc - surely there must be a way? Please can someone enlighten me?

Many thanks in advance,

Mike

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rase
New Contributor I

Steve Lional provided a concise prescription how to install the help files for Composer. Have a look at:

https://prd1idz.cps.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/488644

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Here's the instructions:

In Visual Studio, select Help > Add and Remove Help Content. Click on Installation Source > Disk, Use the ... button and browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013 SP1\Documentation\msvhelp\1033\compiler_f  Select helpcontentssetup.msha and click Open. Then back at the previous screen, click Add next to the Fortran entry. Repeat the search for other .msha files under msvshelp\1033. When you have them all, click Update.

0 Kudos