Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Fortran linear algebra functions

Di_Marco__Nicola
Beginner

I am using a Fortran 90 code that contains dgemm, dgemv and dgesvd functions.

When I compile the code these functions are not found and I was wondering how can I import these functions.

I've read something about LAPACK but I did not understand what steps are required to properly install it.

Thanks a lot for the support.

Nicola

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor II

You need to read the manual and use the correct linking statements. It is a long slow tedious business, but the manuals are good. Asking these questions in a forum will illicit few responses as it is a tolerably simple question.  PS you can spend hours solving these problems, best to keep a notebook of steps. 

John

mecej4
Black Belt

The subprograms that you listed are present in the MKL library, which contains BLAS, Lapack and a lot of other packages.

There is a setting in the Visual Studio project menu to specify that the MKL library should be used when linking.

If building from the command line, try the /Qmkl compiler option. For more elaborate cases, consult the MKL Link Line Advisor (https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-mkl-link-line-advisor) .