Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28496 Discussions

Fortran project cannot be added to a Solution

stevet96
Beginner
I am running version 8.0.044 with Visual Studio .Net 2003. When I try to create a new Fortran project, I receive an "unspecified error" message from Microsoft Development Environment. I get the same error when adding a Fortran project to a new or existing solution. The Fortran project gets created, but it cannot be added to a solution. What can I do to get Visual Studio to add a Fortran project to a solution?
Thanks,
Steve

Message Edited by stevet96 on 04-08-2004 11:12 AM

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
It sounds as if the Fortran project integration isn't complete. Did you run the FixupIfort I sent you? Try uninstalling (run the "PreUninstall") first, then reinstall and run the fixup.
As you know, this issue is resolved in 8.0.045.
0 Kudos
stevet96
Beginner
I tried running FixupIfort as you suggested and that fixed my earlier problem of not even being able to create a new Fortran project or the "Application" missing message when adding a Fortran project. However since that went away, I am just getting an unspecified error when adding a Fortran project or when creating a new Fortran project. I can now select a Fortran project as a new project within VS, but then VS creates an empty solution and the Fortran project is created as file but is not in the solution. I then try to add the project to the empty solution, but I get the unspecified error from VS. I decided to eliminate the problem of VS being on a drive other than Windows, so I uninstalled both Fortran and VS. I then installed VS on my Windows drive and then installed Fortran. The FixupIfort program sees VS on my Windows drive so it doesn't execute. I am having the same problem after reinstalling VS as before.
I would run v8.0.047, but as another user reported, I have run into a linking problem that does not exist in v8.0.044, which is why I am trying to get this version to work.
see post:
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Ok, do this.
Start..Run. Type REGEDIT, click OK.
Click on the + symbols next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Software, Microsoft, VisualStudio.
If you are using VS.NET 2002, click on 7.0 and press Delete. If 2003, click on 7.1 and press Delete.
Exit REGEDIT
Open Visual Studio and try again.
0 Kudos
stevet96
Beginner
I deleted the 7.1 key and then reran VS 2003. I am still getting the same error as before. When I create a new Fortran project, VS creates an empty solution and creates the Fortran project file, but does not add it to the solution. I then try to add the Fortran project to the solution, but I get the error message "unspecified error". Do youhave an estimatewhen I might expect a new release that fixes the linking problem in v8.0.047?
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I am going to ask that you submit a support request to Intel Premier Support on your project issues. This has gone beyond what is appropriate for this user forum.
My guess (and it is only that) is that a fix to the name decoration problem should appear before the end of April.
0 Kudos