Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Forum Activity E-Mails

Stephen_Sutcliffe
New Contributor II

Today I have been receiving several e-mails telling me that there has been activity on forum topics that I started over the past few months. When I checked nothing has been added. Is there a problem with the automatic e-mail notification process?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Eugene_E_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Apparently a bulk update was done on some forums, which caused this issue.  I apologize for the inconvenience, the flood should stop soon.

Thank you,

--Eugene

0 Kudos
garylscott1
Beginner

Two Thousand Two Hundred and Sixty Four Emails is TOO MUCH!

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

I too have been getting a lot of Articles and or Blog update notifications when no updates have occurred

Another minor gripe, when posting a new forum topic, the notification system sends me two messages.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

jimdempseyatthecove wrote:

I too have been getting a lot of Articles and or Blog update notifications when no updates have occurred

Another minor gripe, when posting a new forum topic, the notification system sends me two messages.

Jim Dempsey

It does, irritating. One is an update notification and the other is a link to the change detail. The first one seems rather superfluous as if we get a link to the change we can probably infer without taxing our brains too much that there has been a change......

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Not that it matters to me, as I do not use my cell phone for emails nor forum access, but for those that do, this eats unnecessary minutes consumed in the cell plan.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
Eugene_E_Intel
Employee

Hello,

I apologize for the flood of email.  We escalated to the Intel Developer Zone admins.

Thank you,

--Eugene

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

Eugene Epshteyn (Intel) wrote:

Hello,

I apologize for the flood of email.  We escalated to the Intel Developer Zone admins.

Thank you,

--Eugene

Thankyou, this is not the first time this has happened but not usually on this scale. There should be a process to prevent this in place.

An aside, some years back I set an out office notice on my email system but accidently set a start date with the previous year. The mail server promptly sent an out of office notice to everyone who had sent me an email in the previous 12 months!  

0 Kudos
Anthony_Richards
New Contributor I
Hi, long time no posting! Having retired 2 years ago, like Saint Steve (you know who you are!) I expected no further participation, but I too received several notifications of updates to my posts from 2016 and earlier. I was puzzled by this until I noticed that the posts all featured final comments by the said Steve Lionel, and I then noticed at the bottom of a 2014 post the addition of the line 'Retired 12/31/2016' ! So the update consisted of the addition , below a final post by Steve,of the news that he retired at the end of 2016 ! Since Steve posted innumerable posts during his stellar career helping all of us, It boggles the mind to think of all the messages an automatic update of this to every one of his posts would generate.Jeez!
0 Kudos
Anthony_Richards
New Contributor I
Of more interest would be Intel adding a short update to assure us that Steve is enjoying a healthy and active retirement. And that he has not been arraigned for assaulting a forum software developer,
0 Kudos
Anthony_Richards
New Contributor I

By The by, since I am now retired, I think I should get rid of the office-bound photo and replace it with one more suitable for a retiree - so here goes, let's hope such a change will not be taken as a signal to update all my earlier posts and result in the sending of even more emails!

0 Kudos
Anthony_Richards
New Contributor I

Nope, that seemed to go faultlessly. What a relief.

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II
Nothing has changed on the posts. It will only be a status change. E.g. they have been locked for new input.
0 Kudos
garylscott1
Beginner

Today, I received another two thousand three hundred and ninety five !!!! emails (not including those I deleted trying to get important email to download)....PLEASE STOP IT!

0 Kudos