Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Forum Improvement

drgfthomas
Beginner
Is there a way to get the Software Home links on the left from hogging screen real estate? Ditto for Shortcuts on the right. Between them they consume too much space requiring Messages display (the Forum's primary object)to sport a horizontal scroll which is ergonomically annowing.
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I hear ya, Gerry. I've had the same gripe. Unfortunately, the links on the left are a "branding thing" and have to stay. I'll ask about the thing on the right.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I was informed as to how to eliminate the left navigation bar. Up at the top of the page, just below the Intel logo, see the little orange triangle graphic to the left of "Signed in as ..."? Click it.

This will allow the forum content to spread out, but it won't eliminate the scroll bar. I also expect, though haven't tested this, that you'll have to redo it each time you visit the forum.
0 Kudos
durisinm
Novice

At the top of each forum topic is a field labeled "Sort Posts," and the default value for it is "Newest to oldest." Is there a way to change the default to "Oldest to newest"?

I don't know when that field appeared, but at one time not long ago the default action for my viewing was for each topic to start with the oldest (original or first) post. That suddenly changed, and it's annoying for me to now have to switch from the new default for each topic.

That tip to increase the screen real estate was a great one.

Mike D.

0 Kudos
r_robinson
Beginner

I agree. Please put the default order back to what it used to be - original post first!

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I reported the problem on the sort order a while back. It's being worked on.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Looks as if the sort order is fixed.

I've seen a problem when entering a post using Firefox that text is not accepted for some time after the page fully loads, and sometimes I get a warning that a script is still running. Anyone else using Firefox seeing this? I don't get it with MSIE.
0 Kudos
Jugoslav_Dujic
Valued Contributor II
Me too.

Does the automatic e-mail on reply option work? Doesn't seem so.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I don't use that option, but have enabled it for this thread so if someone else replies, perhaps I'll see something.
0 Kudos
michael_m2
Novice
I'll jump in and make a suggestion. I find it very hard to read the date and time of each post ( in the blue bar across the top of each post).Is there any way to enlarge that font size?
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
The forum support people have already heard that gripe from me and at least one other.

And I did get the email notification of the reply.
0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

>> little orange triangle graphic

Great. Will use this from now on.

Next, it would be nice if you can:

a) Move the "posted by" from the left of the message window to the header of the message (up under the subject line)

b) Add the date posted to the header.

c) Either remember the users formatting or set the default font to Ariel.Tiny Times is hard to read (for we presbyopians).

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
The long-standing forum posting bug using Firefox has been fixed. Yay!
0 Kudos