Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

GETFILEINFOQQ

PASeeger
Beginner
GETFILEINFOQQ
This code worked in the olden days, but since I am now compiling in x64 I have to use FILE$INFOI8 in place of FILE$INFO. (See p. 1511 of the Fortran 18 Guide and Reference document.) But I now get this message:

Compiler error #6284: There is no matching specific function for this generic function reference.   [GETFILEINFOQQ]

What have I done wrong? There is a little confusion in the document, which defined the derived type FILE$INFOI8 as if the name was still FILE$INFO, but I assume that is just a typo. Has that been fixed or changed in the new documentation?

Here is a truncated copy of the relevant portion of the code. I marked the line where the error occurs with -->.  I also uploaded the complete subroutine that fails, but I don't expect anyone to read it!

Thanks - Phil Seeger 

INCLUDE  'BuildData.inc'

COMMON /Build_Data/ NSURF, NREG, NPARAM, idum, NAME, SURF,

&                    ICONNCT, REG, INDX, PARAM, DataPath
C  'DataPath' determined at Initialization, and saved in common
      TYPE(FILE$INFOI8) DIR_INFO
      INTEGER*8 hndl8
      INTEGER*4 NN
      DATA SourcePath, LenPath/' ', 0/
      SAVE SourcePath, LenPath
         CASE ('S')
            SourcePath = DataPath(1:LEN_TRIM(DataPath))//'Tables\'
            LenPath = LEN_TRIM(SourcePath)
            FLAG = DLGSET(DBOX, 1000+I, 100, DLG_NUMITEMS)
            N = 0
!           Loop to find all possible Source Table (*.tbl) files
            hndl8 = FILE$FIRST
            DO WHILE (hndl8.NE.FILE$LAST .AND. hndl8.NE.FILE$ERROR)
  -->         NN = GETFILEINFOQQ(SourcePath(1:LenPath)//'*.tbl',
     &                            DIR_INFO, hndl8)
               IF (NN .GT. 0) THEN
C                 Add file name to a COMBOBOX for possible selection
                  N = N + 1
                  FLAG = DLGSET(DBOX, 1000+I, DIR_INFO%NAME(1:NN), N)
               END IF
            END DO
            FLAG = DLGSET(DBOX, 1000+I, N, DLG_NUMITEMS)
            FLAG = DLGSET(DBOX, 1000+I, STR(I), DLG_STATE)
         END SELECT

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mecej4
Black Belt

The source file that you attached cannot be compiled unless you also provide the include files named in it. I suspect that the error lies in the type declaration of handle-type variables that are passed to Windows routines through IFPORT. If you ran the 32-bit compiler on the code that you provided (and from which you took the excerpts that you posted inline), the compiler would complain (Error #6284) that INTEGER(8) variables are not suitable for use as Windows handle variables in 32-bit mode. Conversely, INTEGER(4) variables are not proper for handles in Windows 64.

You can use the same source code for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows if you declare the type of handles as INTEGER(KIND=INT_PTR_KIND( )). The following short example code displays information regarding files with the extension '.F90' in a particular directory. It runs with IFort 18.0.3, 32 or 64 bit.

C     List all files in a specified directory that have the extension ".f90"
      program xseeger
	  use ifport
	  implicit none
      TYPE(FILE$INFO) DIR_INFO
      INTEGER(KIND=INT_PTR_KIND( )) hndl
      INTEGER NN,n,i
      CHARACTER(20) SourcePath
C
      SourcePath = 's:\lang\'
      N = 0
      hndl = FILE$FIRST
	  print *,'   FILE             LENGTH'
      DO 
         NN = GETFILEINFOQQ(trim(SourcePath)//'*.f90',DIR_INFO, hndl)
	     IF(hndl.eq.FILE$LAST.or.hndl.eq.FILE$ERROR.or.NN.eq.0)exit
         N = N + 1
		 write(*,'(I2,2x,A15,2x,I6)')N,dir_info%name,dir_info%length
      END DO
      end program

The IFort documentation page on GETFILEINFOQQ also contains a slightly longer example.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
mecej4
Black Belt

The source file that you attached cannot be compiled unless you also provide the include files named in it. I suspect that the error lies in the type declaration of handle-type variables that are passed to Windows routines through IFPORT. If you ran the 32-bit compiler on the code that you provided (and from which you took the excerpts that you posted inline), the compiler would complain (Error #6284) that INTEGER(8) variables are not suitable for use as Windows handle variables in 32-bit mode. Conversely, INTEGER(4) variables are not proper for handles in Windows 64.

You can use the same source code for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows if you declare the type of handles as INTEGER(KIND=INT_PTR_KIND( )). The following short example code displays information regarding files with the extension '.F90' in a particular directory. It runs with IFort 18.0.3, 32 or 64 bit.

C     List all files in a specified directory that have the extension ".f90"
      program xseeger
	  use ifport
	  implicit none
      TYPE(FILE$INFO) DIR_INFO
      INTEGER(KIND=INT_PTR_KIND( )) hndl
      INTEGER NN,n,i
      CHARACTER(20) SourcePath
C
      SourcePath = 's:\lang\'
      N = 0
      hndl = FILE$FIRST
	  print *,'   FILE             LENGTH'
      DO 
         NN = GETFILEINFOQQ(trim(SourcePath)//'*.f90',DIR_INFO, hndl)
	     IF(hndl.eq.FILE$LAST.or.hndl.eq.FILE$ERROR.or.NN.eq.0)exit
         N = N + 1
		 write(*,'(I2,2x,A15,2x,I6)')N,dir_info%name,dir_info%length
      END DO
      end program

The IFort documentation page on GETFILEINFOQQ also contains a slightly longer example.

View solution in original post

PASeeger
Beginner

Thank you mecej4!  Your answer was exactly what I needed to know, and your explanation was very clear.

Phil Seeger