Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

GPD

JohnNichols
Valued Contributor II

The fatality model has a component that is GPD - see equations.  I need to be able in Fortran to determine a million random numbers that fit the GPD data for a given theta and lambda - has anyone done this sort of thing before. - can I use a transformation onto a standard distribution 

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Andreas_Z_
Novice

The 'prob' library may be of use: https://people.sc.fsu.edu/~jburkardt/f_src/prob/prob.html; it offers several probability density functions and associated CDFs, not sure about GPD.

andrew_4619
Honored Contributor I

IMSL has some Generalised Pareto functions.

JohnNichols
Valued Contributor II

The GPD is a challenging Probability Distribution -- I was thinking about how do the maths people do the transformation from a uniform PD to a Gaussian -- the procedure must be codable.  Also I was wondering if we could treat the problem like a refraction thru a lens -- the output form the lens i the GPD numbers and the input is uniform random numbers.

There was 2400 deaths yesterday - the virus is a bastard.