Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

How to load/use Toolbar resource?

anthonyrichards
New Contributor III
I use CVF 6.6c. The resource editor lets you create a toolbar resource with buttons on it each with its own bitmap and, but I can not find a way of adding it to my application in the same way as a menu is loaded (during RegisterClass). How is such a toolbar resource added so that I can process messages from it (in WM_COMMAND) in my applications message loop?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jugoslav_Dujic
Valued Contributor II
Rehi Tony,
I'm just done with adding XFTToolbar module to my XFT Libraryso my memory is pretty fresh on the subject :-). However, I recommend that you just download the library and new TbTest sample, and browse/debug the code yourself -- even if you don't plan to use it as-is, most of it are just simple wrappers for Win32 toolbar APIs (CreateToolbarEx, TB_ADDBUTTONS etc).
Jugoslav
0 Kudos
anthonyrichards
New Contributor III
Thanks, Jugoslav, I will give it a try. P.S> the resource file TbTest.RC failed to load because in it the icon names were given as "res//iconname.bmp", so they were flagged as not found. SoI edited the file to delete the 'res//' prefix , saved it and it loaded OK, this time showing all the resources. I'll let you know how I get on. Regards
0 Kudos
Jugoslav_Dujic
Valued Contributor II
Re P.S: That wouldn't have happened if you had "Use folder names" checked in your WinZip :-).
Good luck
Jugoslav
0 Kudos