Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28487 Discussions

How to run the fortran code in Ms visual studio 2005

maheshvenkat
Beginner
Hi,
I would like to know how to execute the fortan code in Ms visual studio 2005 .
I did not find any buttons for execution ,recently i got the software intel fortan compiler 11.0.066 for windows.
I have written a fortan code in ms visual studion 2005 ,but i do not know how to execute the code.
Please help me guys.
Thnaks in advance

aniticipating earliest reply
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
If you have built the "solution" (application) and just want to run it, select Debug > Start without Debugging or press CTRL-F5. By default, Visual Studio does not give you a button for this but you can find one in Tools > Customize. Click on the Commands tab. Under Categories, select Debug and in the Commands find Start Without Debugging. Drag this button to the toolbar.

For more information on how to build and run applications in Visual Studio, see the on-disk documentation.
0 Kudos
peter_cool14
Beginner

Maheshvenkat,

Its very simple you wanna create a project/ name the solution. Go to project/attach. attach either an existing code or new code. Since you said you've already written a code just copy the code into your solution directory and attach existing project. Did youmean did not find any options to execute or did you see them not highlighted. If it is the former follow Steves's hint or or for latter you wantto go to build/reubuild 'your solution name'. After successfully rebuliding got to Debug/Start without debugging. You will see the output window.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
gib
New Contributor II
In case you are not aware of the command line option -
You can open a Command Prompt window, change directory to where you want to execute the program, then type the program name (with path if necessary). E.g. if you have a project that resides in IVFprojectsfubar

cd IVFprojectsfubar
releasefubar.exe

will run the release version.
0 Kudos