Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

IFX PGO options

xyd
Beginner

I have a project which consists of C++, C and Fortran files and I was hoping to be able to produce code coverage via the LLVM flags "-fprofile-instr-generate -fcoverage-mapping". I'm putting these flags for icpx, icx and ifx at compile time and then linking with icpx with the "lifcore" flag and a main program with for_rtl_init and for_rtl_finish with the same coverage flags also.

This all builds just fine and produces a *.profraw file that I can then use to create a *.profdata file  with llvm-profdata when I run the instrumented application and then I can produce the coverage report with llvm-cov. However it only includes the C++ and C files for coverage and has omitted all of the Fortran files.

I'm just wondering if this is not yet supported for IFX?

If this is the case, is my only option to use the ifort classic compilers? (even though they're being deprecated shortly?)

Many thanks.

2 Replies
Ron_Green

For IFX we have implemented PGO but not the Code Coverage technology from LLVM.  Code Coverage for IFX is on our list of features to implement in a coming release, hopefully for the 2024.0 release.

xyd
Beginner

Thanks for the response - glad to know I wasn't missing anything.

I look forward to the 2024.0 release with this (hopefully) in!

0 Kudos