Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28487 Discussions

IMSL calling - point of inlet powr8i4

Giovanni_M_
Beginner

Dear Mr. Lionel, sorry if my question has been already adressed. I am working with MS Visual Studio 2005 Vers.8.0 and Intel(R) Fortran Compiler 10.1.3885.2005. I have a trouble with IMSL routines:

Compiler selection:

C:\Programmi\VNI\imsl\fnl600\IA32\lib

C:\Programmi\VNI\imsl\fnl600\IA32\include\dll

Programming:

Program

USE Numerical_Libraries

INCLUDE 'link_fnl_shared.h'

End Program

Module

CALL ZREAL (F,errabs,errrel,eps,eta,nroot,itmax,xguess,X,info)

End Module

Building:

========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Executing:

“Impossible to find point of inlet _powr8i4 of the procedure in the library for dynamic linking libmmd.dll”    (my translation from Italian)

If I use the start debug, I can find the following:

'gasprop 27-12-2013.exe': Loaded 'C:\Documents and Settings\gmanent\Desktop\Fortran 27-12-2013\Gas\GasProp 27-12-2013\GasProp 27-12-2013\Debug\gasprop 27-12-2013.exe', Symbols loaded.

'gasprop 27-12-2013.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll', No symbols loaded.

'gasprop 27-12-2013.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll', No symbols loaded.

'gasprop 27-12-2013.exe': Loaded 'C:\Programmi\VNI\imsl\fnl600\IA32\lib\imsl_dll.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.

'gasprop 27-12-2013.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcr71.dll', No symbols loaded.

'gasprop 27-12-2013.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\libifcoremd.dll', Symbols loaded.

'gasprop 27-12-2013.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll', No symbols loaded.

'gasprop 27-12-2013.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\libmmd.dll', No symbols loaded.

Debugger:: An unhandled non-continuable exception was thrown during process load

The program '[2732] gasprop 27-12-2013.exe: Native' has exited with code -1073741511 (0xc0000139).

Thanks in advance for your support.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

You have probably used a DLL import library that is not matched to the DLL that is supposed to go with it. You will need to provide more details of the linking step and version numbers of the compiler and libraries used.

Can you build any IMSL example from the IMSL manual and run it successfully in your set up? If not, there are clearly some problems with your installation.

With a more recent version of Intel Fortran, I tried the ZREAL example from the manual and did not run into any problems.

0 Kudos
Martyn_C_Intel
Employee

intel _powr8i4   sounds like a function that uses 32 byte SIMD (Intel AVX)  instructions, from the short vector math library (libsvml). The Intel Compiler version 10.1 did not support Intel Advanced Vector Extensions (Intel AVX). Are you running on a system that supports Intel AVX?

You may be able to download the dynamic libraries ("redistributable files") from a more recent Intel compiler, in order to satisfy this reference. For example, how to do this for the most recent compiler (14.0) is explained at http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/redistributable-libraries-for-intel-c-and-visual-fortran-composer-xe-2013-sp1-for-windows . However, this is several generations more recent than the compiler you are using, so there's a chance you might encounter other compatibility issues between the 10.1 compiler and this set of RTLs, or even between the 10.1 compiler and your copy of IMSL, if you substitute the entire runtime library. You could also try taking just the svml_disp libraries from the redistributable package, and temporarily replacing the svml libraries in your 10.1 compiler by these.

Simplest of all, of course, would be to update your compiler.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Use of an IMSL library that old with current compilers is not supported. In some cases we know that using the modules will get error messages, and we know of some IMSL routines that had bugs fixed for compatibility with later versions. But if the build and run works for you, it will probably be ok. You may continue to use the old IMSL, though you may have to do some manual configuration and of course it is not supported.

0 Kudos