Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

IVF 2013 errors

tihomir
Beginner

I used to compile my project witth IVF 11. I upgraded to IVF 13 and now have thousands of error like this

Compiling with Intel(R) Visual Fortran Compiler XE 13.0.0.089 [Intel(R) 64]...
od_com.f90
fortcom: Fatal: There has been an internal compiler error (C0000005).

Any hope help? 

Is there a way to easily revert to an older compiler or I just have to  uninstall and reinstal the older version? 

0 Kudos
14 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
If you can't get any cases to compile, it looks like a broken installation of the new compiler, One would hope that removing it and re-installing, possibly from a fresh installer copy, could help. For completeness, you would give more detail, such as Visual Studio version. 13.0 has dropped support for VS2005, but it should tell you so if you tried to violate that restriction.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Does this happen on every compile, even a simple "Hello World"? If so, please do uninstall and reinstall. The VS version you use should not have an effect on this. See also this article.
0 Kudos
tiho
Beginner
I uninstalled Composer 2013 and installed it again. I still have many internal compiler error (C0000005). The project compiled ok with Fortran 11. With trial and error I found the offending line that is causing the compiler internal error fortcom: Fatal: There has been an internal compiler error (C0000005). The line is this !$OMP CRITICAL .... !$OMP END CRITICAL I have not changed the compiler options - was I supposed to? I used /Qopenmp_stubs before for OMP.
0 Kudos
tiho
Beginner
With trial and error I found the offending line that is causing the compiler internal error fortcom: Fatal: There has been an internal compiler error (C0000005). The line is this !$OMP CRITICAL .... !$OMP END CRITICAL
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
So it is only sources that include OMP CRITICAL sections that have the problem? Please attach a ZIP of a short (if possible) but complete source that demonstrates the error.
0 Kudos
tiho
Beginner
module gh_data contains subroutine Update use mx_auxiliary, only : link end subroutine Update SUBROUTINE get() integer ii, irec REAL(8), ALLOCATABLE :: tempraw(:) irec=1 ALLOCATE(tempraw(1), stat=allocerr) IF (allocerr > 0) CALL FatalStop(FE_ALLOCATION) !$OMP CRITICAL READ(dc%data_unit, rec=irec) tempraw !$OMP END CRITICAL IF (ALLOCATED(tempraw)) DEALLOCATE(tempraw) END SUBROUTINE get end module gh_data
0 Kudos
tiho
Beginner
The above code results in the internal error - pretty unstable situation - even removing spaces can change from internal error to compiled
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
That code is not self-contained - there is no declaration of the derived type dc. I assume that the USE is not necessary.. Let me suggest something else - right click on the project, select Properties > Fortran > Diagnostics. Set "Check Routine Interfaces" to No and recompile. Does that change the behavior?
0 Kudos
tiho
Beginner
The Check Routine Interfaces is already set to No. The code may not be self-contained but the compiler should not be giving internal error - it should say something like "something is not defined". Just add this to any project and compile just that module. Well let me know what I can help to track down the problem ...
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Well, it does give me normal errors when I compile it - no internal compiler error. Please show me all the options you are using. You can get this from the Command Line property page. C:\Projects>ifort /c /Qopenmp U328472.f90 Intel(R) Visual Fortran Intel(R) 64 Compiler XE for applications running on Intel(R) 64, Version 13.0.0.089 Build 20120731 Copyright (C) 1985-2012 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved. U328472.f90(4): error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file. Check INCLUDE paths. [MX_AUXILIARY] use mx_auxiliary, only : link ----^ U328472.f90(4): error #6580: Name in only-list does not exist. [LINK] use mx_auxiliary, only : link -------------------------^ U328472.f90(10): error #6385: The highest data type rank permitted is INTEGER(KIND=8). [ALLOCERR] ALLOCATE(tempraw(1), stat=allocerr) --------------------------^ U328472.f90(13): error #6535: This variable or component must be of a derived or structure type [DC] READ(dc%data_unit, rec=irec) tempraw -----^ U328472.f90(13): error #6460: This is not a field name that is defined in the encompassing structure. [DATA_UNIT] READ(dc%data_unit, rec=irec) tempraw --------^ compilation aborted for U328472.f90 (code 1)
0 Kudos
tiho
Beginner
/Qopenmp_stubs /check:noarg_temp_created /check:nooutput_conversion /nologo /debug:full /Od /fpscomp:ioformat /warn:declarations /real_size:64 /Qauto /fpe:0 /module:"Debug/" /object:"Debug/" /Fd"Debug\vc100.pdb" /traceback /check:all /libs:static /threads /dbglibs /c
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
No difference. Perhaps I need the module. If you create a new project with just this one source added to it, do you still get the internal compiler error?
0 Kudos
tiho
Beginner
I dont get the error when the file is alone. I can upload whatever you need. I would need secure line since the code is proprietary.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Please use Intel Premier Support (https://premier.intel.com/) , then.
0 Kudos