Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

IVF 9 Nested Derived Types

tihomir
Beginner
I seem to be running into the following problem. The debugger doesn't seem to bedisplaying correctly the values for nested derived types such as
expressions like this Module::A(1)%B(1)%C(1). I compared CVF and IVF and IVF debuggerdoesn'tdisplay the correct values, while CVF does. In both cases the actual computations are correct, just that thewatch window doesn't display the right values. Has anybody else run into this problem?
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Do you have 9.0.019?
0 Kudos
tihomir
Beginner
My version is 9.0.2713.2003. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
That's not the compiler version, it's the VS.NET integration version, but that's ok, I recognize it. You don't have 9.0.019. Please download it from Intel Premier Support (or wait till the end of this week when a newer version should be available. It contains several fixes for debugging.
0 Kudos
tihomir
Beginner
I installed the latest compiler update but that didn't resolve the problem and the watch window still has errors.
How can one see the Compiler Version that is being used?
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
The easiest way is Start..All Programs..Intel Software Development Tools..Intel Fortran 9.0..Build Environment for IA-32 Applications. Then, at the command prompt, type:

ifort -what

For the debug fixes with 9.0.020, you will have to uninstall the "Intel Fortran Compiler Integration into Visual Studio" and then install the one in 9.0.020. I found that just installing the new over the old doesn't work for that component.

Make sure you rebuild your application. If you still need assistance, please send a test case to Intel Premier Support.
0 Kudos
durisinm
Novice
What should you do if you've already installed the component from IVF 9.0.020 over the same component from 9.0.019?
Mike D.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Uninstall the integration and reinstall. I've done this - no harm.
0 Kudos
tihomir
Beginner
I verified that I have 9.0.20 IVF compiler and the problem is still there. Making an example that shows the problem is abig task since I can't just send over the code. I will also need a lot of luck in trying to replicate the exact conditions for the problem. I wonder if anyone has experience with this. The watch window for values like "Module::A(1)%B(1)%C(1)" gets undefined values -- while it is working well during the computation. Thisof course it may be due to some completely unrelated thing.
0 Kudos