Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

IVF Pro licensing

Intel_C_Intel
Employee
I am a consulting engineer and do development work on my desktop computer while in my office, and on my notebook when working at home or while traveling. I currently develop code in VC++ and CVF Pro. I work for myself, and there are no other users of my development software.

Now that I have to port over to IVF Pro, what do I have to buy to be able to run the development system on my desktop while in the office and on my notebook while traveling? Is there flexible licensing to support this rather common work style?

Thanks,
Richard
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I have asked our product marketing manager to give me his thoughts on this.
0 Kudos
durisinm
Novice
I'm curious. What kind of engineer are you, and what type of consulting do you do that requires you to write Fortran programs?
Mike
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
"What kind of engineer..."

Naval architect and hydrodynamicist, working with legacy code and with new code written in Fortran 95.
0 Kudos
durisinm
Novice

dakers,

If you don't mind, I have a few off-line questions about consulting in general for you. Please contact me at durisinm at-sign umich.edu (address slightly disguised to foil spam harvesters).

Mike

0 Kudos
durisinm
Novice
Did Richard's question ever get answered? I may be in a similar usage situation in the near future.

Mike D.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Unfortunately, I didn't get an answer to this before the responsible manager went on vacation. The IMSL license as it currently reads does not allow for a second install. I will try again to see if there is a possibility to change that in the future.
0 Kudos