Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

IVF integrated in MSVS2008?

Intel_C_Intel
Employee

Hi

Intel Visual fortran uses MS visual studio 2005 as its IDE.

After installing it,I install MS Visual Studio 2008, since I sometimes code C program. AsMSVS2008 starts, I don't see IVF. Can IVF be integrated in MSVS2008?

Many thanks.

Chien-Hui

0 Kudos
10 Replies
onkelhotte
New Contributor II

IVF 10.1 has VS2008 integration. Previous versions of IVF dont have VS2008 integration.

When you have installed VS2008 after IVF 10.1, remove IVF and install it again. Then it should work.

Markus

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
It ought to be possible to modify the ifort 10.1 installation, adding the VS2008 integration, starting either from add/remove or from the setup in the program files/intel/downloads. The very first version of 10.1 didn't support VS2008 integration.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
You need Fortran 10.1.019 or later to support VS2008. It may be that the integration did not properly install - you can try running the tool attached to this post to see if that helps.
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Following is my IVF's version:

Intel Fortran Compiler Integration for Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, 10.1.3885.2005, Copyright (C) 2002-2007 Intel Corporation

Is this ok?

I've already install the *.zip file according your post. However, it shows:

"Visual Studio 2008 installed at c:Prog....Microsoft Visual STdio 9.0

Error while loading c:Progr....Microsoft Visual stdio 9.0intel fortranVFPackagesV

FHieEditor.dll: XXXX(in Chinese)" I guess XXX mean Cannot find the assigned modules.

Chien-Hui

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
You ran the version for Visual Studio 2008 but you had not (I think) reinstalled Intel Fortran after installing VS2008. Please uninstall the the Intel integrations and compiler and then reinstall.
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I have uninstalled IVF and reinstalled it. I also run the *.zip you posted in the previous message (another question: Why I cannot see the previous post here in the composing new reply webpage?). I do some tests:

1. Locate the Console3 solution and double-click it. It is opened by Visual Studio 2005 not VS2008. Besides, I Build solution then it shows (as I posted in another post):

------ Build started: Project: Console3, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
mt.exe not found.

Build log written to "file://D: empConsole3Console3DebugBuildLog.htm"
Console3 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

2. I start VS2008 and don't see IVF is included, or if I want to create a new project.

Besides, my IVF's version is 10.1.011. You talk about it should be 10.1.019. I am wondering I just purchased it two weeks ago, why cannot I have the latest version? Do I need to go somewhere to download it?

Any suggestion? Thank you very much for your help.

Chien-Hui

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Register your serial number at https://registrationcenter.intel.com, and download the current ifort version. The original 10.1 doesn't support integration with VS2008, even though it may be the one you get from the shops.
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee

Hi

This is the second time I encounter the following problem.

Ihave registered at https://registrationcenter.intel.com ; however,I enter:

Then it shows

HTTP 500 - Internal Server Error

We're sorry, there is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

I don't know why.

Chien-Hui

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I suggest going here. clicking Start a Chat, and talk to one of the registration support people.
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee

Thank you very much for your information.

And, after I uninstall the original ivf and re-installed the newer version from the registration center, IVF has been integrated with MS VS2008.

Chien-Hui

0 Kudos