Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28454 Discussions

Incompatible project/solution w/ Visual Studio 15

Mike_M_1
New Contributor I

My desktop recently experienced an unknown "blue screen of death" event that Dell's Automatic Repair was unable to resolve.  Dell tech support verified that there were no underlying hardware problems but reloaded the OS (Windows 10), leaving me in the position of rebaselining my machine.  I reloaded MS Visual Studio 15 Community edition, which I had been using previously, then parallel_studio_xe_2020_update2_...  I received a warning when I did so, which usually occurs when I install updates, so didn't pay a lot of attention to it.  I then attempted to compile one of my projects, and got a "file incompatible" message with a request for a one-way conversion, which I accepted.  Although I can start Visual Studio, it tells me my software is incompatible, and I can't do anything with it.  Any assistance you can provide would be helpful.

Mahalo, Mike McCurdy

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

you need 2017 or 2019 0 integration does not work on that old VS with new Intel - no getting around i

2019 is much better anyway 

0 Kudos