Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28381 Discussions

Initialising Fortran Compiler - VS2019 not found in system

reilly__john
Beginner

I installed Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019 (Version 16.4.3) and installed Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020.0.075 on my windows 10 laptop. I am now trying to initialise the tools from the command prompt however when following the instructions to run 'psxevars.bat intel64' in the respective directory, I get the following;

ERROR: Visual Studio 2013, 2015, 2017 or 2019 is not found in the system.

As I am new to this, I may be missing something quite simple however I cannot find a relevant answer in any posts available. 

Any direction with this issue would be great. 

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

See if following the instructions in https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/installing-microsoft-visual-studio-2019-for-use-with-intel-compilers helps.

0 Kudos
cardenal__andres
Beginner

Hello. I had the same problem trying to initialize the tools of Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020.0.075 Cluster Edition for Windows on a Microsoft Visual Studio 2017. However, I didn't get it to work so I replace it with Intel Parallel Studio XE 2019.5.068 (Version 5) Cluster Edition for Windows and this actually works. It is probably an error with the new version or perhaps it was the fact that in the installation, I expressly select a 64bit architecture instead of leaving both architectures (32bit and 64bit) by default. I hope it helps.

0 Kudos