Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28456 Discussions

Installation stuck VS2015PRO+parallel studio xe 2016 update5

AlisaIE
Beginner

Hi,
I'm Trying to install intel fortran compiler but the installation get stuck in the integration with vs stage, waited for hours and nothing happens. 

environment:
Win10-1809
VS2015Professional

computer:

hp zbook workstation

trying to install:

parallel_studio_xe_2016_update5 and also update3

so far i've tried:

1. uninstall and reinstall of parallel_studio_xe_2016_update5 and also update3
  2. uninstall and reinstall of visual studio with all options marked in customise window.

will appreciate any help here its been a week and counting cause every time it is stuck i need to restart my computer to continue.

uploaded a screenshot of the install stage stuck.

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ron_Green

When you say you waited hours, did you give it 3 hours?  I had an install take that long many years ago.  Is this PC connected to the internet?  The installer makes a call into VS to do the integration.   That VS routine tries to contact MS for VS updates and SDK components and updates.  This is what takes a long time.  And you did install the C++ components in VS2015?

I was tempted to say that Win10 was probably not supported by that compiler.  but I don't have the Release Notes for it handy, I'll look in the offline archives.  I did see that Win 10 released july 2015 - surprised me, doesn't seem that long ago.  So I would expect Win10 support in PSXE 2016. 

I'd give that integration min 3hrs, maybe overnight.

0 Kudos
AlisaIE
Beginner

Hi Ron, 
thanks for replying!

I've installed again and gave the installation more then 24 hours runing, still nothing changes.

The computer is set on internal company network and cannot access the internet.
I've checked the firewall log and the installation did not tried to connect while working.
This is not the first installation on this network (other computers succeed) so I don't think it is an internet access problem.

I've checked and VS2015 installation included the C++ components. 

Additional Information that may help:

1. While stuck I've looked in the task manager and the cpu uses of the setup is 0%. 
  2.  I have and old fortran compiler installed -Compaq Visual fortran 6.1 . I need it to work also and I know the compilers can work side by side. Compaq fortran is used in VS98 and Intel Fortran is used in 2015. It is working in other computers here. 

Thank you for your effort

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Can I quietly suggest you try VS2019 and one API,  it will read your project files, and you can still exchange with colleagues and it is free. 

You can at least then get onto work.   

0 Kudos
Ron_Green
0 Kudos