Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28602 Discussions

Installing Intel Fortran 2019 on a new computer: Setup dies

Gosselin__Claude
Beginner

I have a valid license for Intel Visual Fortran 2019, but no current subscription. I also have the original Offline Setup file for Intel Visual Fortran 2019. And my new computer is a Dell Mobile Precision 7780 with Windows 11.

When I run the Setup file,

• it starts up,
  • displays the Intel Fortran Logo,
  • asks me where the files in the Cab are to be extracted (which I can see appearing in the named folder)
  • and then the Setup app simply dies after erasing all the extracted files;
  • no message, no warning, no request for a License file - which sits in the root folder where the Setup file is fired from.

Even if my Subscription is expired - it did 6 months ago - seems to me the installation should go through.

Anybody has a suggestion ?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Barbara_P_Intel
Employee

That compiler version, Intel Visual Fortran 2019, is not supported on Windows 11. See this article for details.

As @jimdempseyatthecove wrote, the Fortran compiler is free that is part of oneAPI. It contains an updated version of ifort, just the packaging is changed.

You can pay for priority support. See this article for the benefits.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Which Visual Studio do you have?

Also, the current version of Intel Fortran(s) is free. 

Install the oneAPI Base toolkit then the oneAPI HPC tollkit

The Base is a prerequisite for the HPC (which includes two versions of Fortran: ifort and ifx)

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel
Employee

That compiler version, Intel Visual Fortran 2019, is not supported on Windows 11. See this article for details.

As @jimdempseyatthecove wrote, the Fortran compiler is free that is part of oneAPI. It contains an updated version of ifort, just the packaging is changed.

You can pay for priority support. See this article for the benefits.

0 Kudos
Gosselin__Claude
Beginner

Found something: needed to apply compatibility to Win 8. Fortran XE 2020 now installs, but does not integrate to VS 2019. ...

0 Kudos