Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel Fortran character pointer corruption when enabling OpenMP

I'm working on Intel Fortran compatibility for a fairly large code (weather prediction model). On Intel Fortran (and only Intel Fortran) some character data seems to get scrambled looping through and point character pointers to it. The characters I end up with only contains 0 and 9. The character string c simply has "00:00:00:16 (whitespace padding....)" as its content.

I was able to reproduce the issue to come up whenever I include any (dead) OpenMP code anduse -fopenmp compiler flag. I'm a bit lost at what's going on here. Please see the reproducer attached in this post. 

Expected Output: 

testprint-2

00:00:00:16                                                                    

testprint-3.10

testprint-3.20

testprint-3.3:

testprint-3.46

Actual Output:

testprint-2

00:00:00:16                                                                    

testprint-3.10

testprint-3.20

testprint-3.30

testprint-3.40

See also:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/42359258/intel-fortran-character-pointer-corruption-when-enabling...

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Dear Customer,

Thanks for reporting the issue. I have reproduced the error and open a bug report for it. The bug track ID is DPD200418255.

Thanks,

Xiaoping Duan

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos