Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28469 Discussions

Intel Fortran reinitialize every time when it compile fortran file

hiskiyas
Beginner
I have a mixed language environment V++, Ada, Fortran all in Visual Studio. I recently change VFC to Intel fortran. Before all these code compiled and worked fine with previous environment, we change to intel to save execution time. With Intel Fortran the same code compiled and linked fine. The problem is now it is 6 times slower to compile and link now tha before. Is looks Intel fortran compiler reinitialize every time when it compile fortran file. If that so, what is the solution any body knows? did I installed wrong? Is there some setting I missed?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
What do you mean by "reinitialize"? The Intel compiler is slower than CVF when compiling in many cases. If you are using the Visual Studio 98 environment, Intel Fortran doesn't know how to check for dependencies and will recompile everything on every build. If you use the Visual Studio.NET environment, it will build only what needs to be done.

Steve
0 Kudos